Some Real Estate Agents are Specializing in Helping Seniors


Seniors who are buying or selling a house often have very different issues from younger buyers and sellers. They may be contemplating downsizing, moving to a more accessible home, searching for an active adult community, or looking for a way to age in place.

Because of this, some real estate agents have now begun specializing in helping people who are age 50 and older.

A “Seniors Real Estate Specialist,” or SRES, is an agent who has completed a series of courses conducted by the National Association of Realtors on how to help seniors and their families with real estate issues. They can help seniors look at all the options available, including making modifications to a current home, buying or renting a new home, and moving to an assisted living facility.

An SRES can help seniors who need assistance with de-cluttering and staging a house for sale. They can also help pinpoint a new house that meets the specific needs of seniors – for instance, one that has easy transportation access and limited stairs, that’s located in a senior-friendly neighborhood, or that would be easy for heirs to sell. You can find out more at www.sres.org.

real estate, seniors

Related Posts

Recent Posts